A public works information system based on Esri’s GIS software improves productivity and efficiency by linking all divisions in a public works department—from engineering and traffic to accounting and call centers. With the ability of GIS to centrally host applications and data, you streamline workflow processes for work order, asset, and fleet management, as well as a myriad of other activities, while enhancing customer service. GIS sets a solid foundation that supports the growth of a public works department. Additionally, you can organize, manage, and integrate geographic data from existing databases, including CAD data, and legacy applications to support fast and efficient visualization, analysis, and decision making, regardless of the amount of information you manage.
With an Esri GIS, you can
- Securely store and manage vast amounts of spatial information.
- Propagate data changes between multiple data sources.
- Ensure data integrity, consistency, and credibility.
- Integrate real-time tracking of features and events.
- Tie GIS data to non-GIS applications.
- Allow those without GIS knowledge to take advantage of geographic data
See how others are benefiting from the use of geographic analysis and GIS.