The Esri India Young Scholar Contest enables one Indian Scholar to showcase a GIS Project they have completed with excellence on an international scale via the Esri User Conference (virtual event).
The nationwide competition celebrates excellence in geospatial study and is open to undergraduate and post graduate students from geospatial disciplines at universities and colleges in India.
The 2021 Esri India Young Scholar will also connect with other Young Scholars from around the world and have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the huge virtual event that is Esri User Conference itself, a memorable experience. The GIS project that is submitted for the award can include comprehensive research papers, software development, impactful maps, and apps that promote Education, Conservation, Indoor Mapping, Drone Analytics, Agriculture, Disaster Response, Urban Planning, Business, Engineering, Social Science, Health etc.
Who can participate?
- Full-time students of Indian origin aged between 18 and 30 years, enrolled in an undergraduate or post graduate program of an Indian University. Students graduating in 2021 can also join the contest.
- This is an individual performance/skill showcase. Group projects would not be considered.
- Only one entry per candidate will be accepted. So, send your best work.
- Use of Esri GIS Technology is a must and should have been used in the project.
- The study/project must be based in India.
How to participate?
- Your Young Scholar entry (application or research)
- An abstract (no more than 500 words) outlining the objective of your project, its value proposition, and why you should be Esri India's Young Scholar
- An A0 size poster with map elements to summarize the work and visualize the project effort i.e. 84.1cm x 118.9cm; in two file formats (a) AI/PSD format and (b) PDF format in 300 dpi);
- All submissions must fully comply with U.S. Export laws and all other applicable laws.
- Register for the program and submit your project to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Nativeness – Representation Indian Scenarios and should be resolving Indian Spatial problems
- Creativity and innovation
- Real-world relevance
- Application of Esri technology
Prize & Recognition
We are looking for top three GIS Scholars of India. Apart from getting a trophy of Esri India Scholar of the Year and a certificate, these top 3 would be considered for the global Esri Young Scholar Program. If selected, by the Esri global evaluation team, one winner will also get:
- Cash prize of Rs 50,000/-
- Free registration for Esri User Conference and Educational User Conference. Please note this will be virtual only.
- Social event to meet other Young Scholars (virtual).
- Poster in Special Displays section in the Map Gallery (will be posted by Esri in this year’s virtual Map Gallery).
- Facebook group for Young Scholars.
- ArcGIS personal Use license for one year.